Holidays are upon us, and we are going to take a little break over the holidays refresh and come back with some fun activities in January!!
- 19th Dec-4th January - Youth Hub closed. (Note: Nortec and Ostara are still open)
- 4th-9th January – Hub OPEN for limited drop in hours.
- 9th-13th January - Camp Creative Week. The HUB will be hosting a number of Camp Creative activities and will therefore be open, but we will limit drop-in and other activities due to numbers.
- FULLY OPEN from 16th Jan - We will be open with casual activities like drop-in, cooking and table tennis.
- An Art Workshop is planned for 18th-19th January. We are also hoping to have the climbing wall available in the afternoons from 2pm, subject to us getting a few volunteers (wanna help?)
The Hub has continued to thrive in this fantastic, vibrant town. The facility has become an even more integral part of operations regarding young people in the area. We've seen an increase in young people, programs and activities, and the community which has echoed that response through our survey.
The Two Way Street program, which has been managed partly through the Hub space, has now helped five young people achieve their full driver’s license under the careful and patient instruction of volunteers with another fifteen potential licenses in the process.
The recent climbing wall project has seen great support through a movie night held to raise funds. Stay tuned for info on the wall once we start building next year!
Camp Creative will be using the Hub's space exclusively the week of the 11th of January – expect that to be busy, bustling and brilliant.
The Hub's usual crew will be taking a breather after this super-productive year, and so the building will be closed for youth drop-in from 19th December until 10th January. We'll be back for our usual bevvy of activities on 18th January and fun for the holidays.
Thanks heaps to all our visitors, volunteers, contributors, supporters and to all who’ve used the space, and of course to Bellingen Shire Council for all your heartfelt support and commitment.
Dean B & the Hub crew!